Fundamental to the current business environment is the ability to communicate productively, both internally with your employees and externally with your trading partners.
A web application, be it portal or extranet, enables your organisation to communicate and collaborate more effectively, playing a significant role in streamlining internal processes and improving business infrastructure, ultimately saving you money.
Other benefits may include greater security for your communications, flexibility for staff and improved customer service.
Although browser-based and accessible via the internet, a web application differs from a regular website in that it is secured from public access either by password or other barriers such as SSL (Secure Sockets Layer, a cryptographic protocol that provides communication security over the web). An Extranet takes security a stage further and allows an internal server to be accessed via a secure firewall using a password and username.
At Brown & Brown we have a great deal of experience in the design and development of web application solutions. In the majority of cases these are built as bespoke business management tools and are capable of meeting a broad variety of client requirements.
Such requirements have included:
- Order management systems, allowing for the post-transaction progression of a commercial sale to be recorded and tracked immediately following payment processing. Aspects include stock-level update, owner assignment, denied party checks, stockist selection and SAP entry. They also regularly include payment processing facilities.
- Aggregation and visualisation tools for application in processing data, such as statistical information collected from an internal search facility on a client's customer facing website.
- Integration with email newsletter system APIs (such as Mail Chimp and Campaign Monitor) which includes email content design and synchronisation of medium scale recipient lists (20,000+).
- Personnel management and calendar systems to handle employee absence requests and approval/denial.
- The management of stock including orders, deliveries and returns.
- Document delivery portals for both internal business procedural information and client facing subscriber archives.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the corporate data handled by these systems, we are unable to provide exact specification for the applications we have developed here on our website. However we can show a limited number of examples at a face-to-face meeting.